Sunday, November 7, 2010

plans.


I have lived in the 412 for 11 years. In those 11 years I have had 16 different jobs, 6 different residences and gained many solid friendships. In that time I also found the church of my dreams, the man of my dreams and birthed a son that has exceeded my wildest expectation. I got to sing in and with bands and write music; I got to sing in church with dear friends. I got to watch the kids of my friends grow here. I took the plunge (before dating Bart) and accepted my single-hood by buying a house, getting a tattoo and a cat. I experienced city life, and had an absolute love affair with it. With all of these amazing memories, there is still a part of me that longs to be close to the family that I have been away from for just as long. Even though I was never that far away, I find now, with a baby and the desire to grow our family, that being near family is the desire of mine and my husbands heart.

So, we are moving back home to Johnstown on Dec 3rd. I have always hated the word "bittersweet" because it seems to be the most overused word in many popular songs...but, there is no other way to describe my feeling about this move. I am so excited to be near to my parents and the notion of a simpler life seems very appealing. Conversely, I will miss being minutes from galleries, museums, venues, restaurants and most importantly my friends and my church family. The awesome thing...I am not moving to Dubai (which at one time, was an option for us)...We will only be 1.5 hours away.

So, that's the plan! I am excited to grow my family and friendships back home and strengthen and stay connected with my pittsburgh family as well. So grateful for the past decade of my life. Looking back it seems like such a beautiful, messy, squiggly line that brought me to this point, typing this as I listen to the sound of my sleeping child on the monitor and my husband playing xbox. ha. Thanks God. for everything.

1 comment:

  1. While reading the Roys plans, I had to rub the moisture from my eyes. Yes, you have done so many things in the last years and I know you will continue to do so. Your dad and I look forward to you, Bart and Colton coming to Johnstown. We love you all so very very much.
    Yes, we will help you move one more time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete